Thursday, April 30, 2009

Picking the Round 2 Matchups (or is it - picking up the pieces?)

Okay everyone. I'm trying to look past my grief and dissappointment and continue in a professional manner. Looking ahead at the second round matchups in the Eastern Conference, I think that....

...Crap. We lost...

Sorry, lost my focus for a second. Starting again: Looking at the second round....

...we lost by one goal...

...uh, anyway, the second round .....

Damn it. My head is still stuck on game 7. One more freaking goal - one more save - one less lucky bounce for the Caps - one appropriate whistle for all those penalties that weren’t called. The Rangers played so well and came so f-ing close. It's killing me….

Sorry. Okay - here we go - In the second round matchups we see...

…and you know, yesterday morning I swung my radio dial to 660 and had the spectacular misfortune of hearing a replay of the Capitals radio call of the final seconds. Apparently the Washington radio team regarded this as some sort of thrilling historic come from behind victory. Anyway - if you missed hearing that radio call - lucky you. Do your best to never hear it. It's tough to listen to - and why in the world did WFAN have to ....


Okay. Re-starting this piece once again. For real now. The 2nd round of the NHL playoffs will begin this week, and...

...you know, the shame of it is that Callahan was hustling back - trying to make a play on defense, but he ended up deflecting the puck past Hank. We let up TWO LOUSEY SHOTS in the first period and the Caps score on one of them. Terrible unlucky bounce. That was the game right there. That and us hitting the crossbar early on. If we could have only.....

Again, sorry. Where was I? What was I posting about again? Okay - deep breath - here we go.

Round 2
Boston vs. Rangers. No, that's not right, is it? Crap. I mean: Boston vs. Calgary. The Hurricanes dealt the Newark club a devastating defeat Tuesday in the best news of that awful evening - scoring twice in the last 80 seconds to beat the Devils in game seven - while the Bruins dispatched the Habs without delay. I think the Circular Winds will blow in hot and powerful for a while - but over the long haul Boston is just too disciplined - too tough on offense and defense. Boston in 5.

Washington vs. Pittburgh. In the other series the Capitals (who will apparently appear in round 2 by some sort of COSMIC INJUSTICE and scheduling error), play the Aquatic Birds who have ousted the Flyers. It's Crosby vs. Ovechkin. Well, from what I've just seen, I think the Caps are much too good with this Russian kid in goal. The Pens can score - but the Caps score more and now, with Varlamov - they can defend better. Caps in 6. (And maybe 5).

Okay - I'd better close this out before I go off on another ranting jag. Let's see how Nugs calls them.

No comments:

Post a Comment