Monday, March 30, 2009

Goodbye Sauer, Hello Potter

The short NHL career of Mike Sauer has come to an end - at least for the time being. The Rangers have sent Mike back to the AHL and have recalled Cory Potter from the Hartford Wolf Pack to replace him. Sauer had something of a meltdown against the Penguins Saturday, being on the ice for 2 goals in just 4 shifts and 2 minutes of ice time. I think I must have put a bad luck whammy on him by predicting he would do well here.

Potter, 25, has been up with the club already this year, appearing in three Ranger games and notching an assist versus our hated rivals the Devils (and could we ever use another one of those tonight). He's 6-3, 200 pounds, and has some offense to his game: 6 goals and 16 assists in 59 games. He was a 2nd rounder from 2005.
Regardless of the situation on the backline - I can't bring myself to say that I miss Rozsival. Though as your faithful reporter I can disclose that he is scheduled to resume skating again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment