Saturday, August 29, 2009

I'm Back - and Three Weeks To Go

Your fearless reporter Dave Pucks is back from sunny Cape May with Pucks Junior and the whole Pucks family - having taken our boogie boards and successfully ridden many waves in a great vacation. We managed to find some good weather wedged between two hurricanes (Bill and Danny) and made the most of it. Even Mrs. Pucks had a good time.

I wasn't able to post for a week - so had several loaded up in the can which spooled out over the last week. And from our "hits" this week it seems like you guys like it better when I'm not around.

For me though - I missed you all and I'm glad to be back in the blogging saddle again.

There's not all that much Ranger news out there - I picked a good week to bug out. But I can see from the counter at the bottom of this blog that the first Ranger Pre-Season hockey game versus the Boss-town Bruins will be just three short weeks from this very day.

Now pre-season hockey is a bit of a step down from the Stanley cup finals - or from regular season hockey - or pre-season football - or (better not go here). But it is Ranger Hockey - and it will feature a whole bunch of new Rangers out there.

So it is a new beginning. A new chance for the Rangers lines to click - a chance fro Gaborik or have or avoid an injury - a new chance for Lundqvist to shake off the rust and regain his all star form. A chance for Drury to become the superstar we pay him to be. A chance to wipe away our last Ranger memory - that depressing 3 game losing streak in the playoffs.

Three weeks. Three weeks and our New York Rangers take the ice.

I don't know about you guys - But I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment