Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Breaking Bad: Rangers lose 3-0 to Islanders

Oh well.  It was fun while it lasted, but the Rangers came crashing back to earth last night losing 3-0 to the hated Islanders and suddenly – their 13 of 14 streak seems like it was long ago.

I don’t want to go over this one in too much detail.  The Islanders outshot us 44-27.  If you give up 44 shots – you’re going to get scored on.  Derek Stepan was injured and once he left the game (and it was 0-0 at the time) well, the Rangers aren't the same without him. 

Hank was pulled after two periods.  Not that any of this was his fault – he stopped 29 of the 32 shots thrown at him (0.906 save percentage).  Cam was a perfect 12-12 in relief.

We’re not going to win every game – especially without our top center.  And I can imagine we were a little burned out after the western road trip.  I wouldn’t dwell on this one too long if I were you – or me for that matter – and I am me actually so I won’t.

Did Special Team Determine The Outcome Of This Game?  Nope.  Both teams were 0 for 1 with the extra skater.

Where Do We Stand?  It’s like you’d expect.  The damned Capitals jump us into 3rd place in the Metro.  We are 24-12-4 with 52 points in the 7th playoff spot – the wild card.  3 points above the line-of-death.

What Will Happen Next?  A day off and then off to Boston Thursday to play the Bruins – who have the 8th and final playoff spot right behind us.
.  
That's all for now - Dave Pucks out.

No comments:

Post a Comment