Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pre-Game Notes and Quotes

Just a few random thoughts as we countdown to tonight's game between the Rangers and the Ducks:

1 - It's looking like Sean Avery will be an official scratch tonight as predicted. Still, the press box is a whole lot closer to the MGS ice surface than Hartford is. We'll do this in stages.

2- By the way - we got some amazing quotes out of Sean Avery's meet and greet with the press yesterday:

"Listen, I've loved every game I've ever played for this team. I just want to help these guys win."

And

"I love this team. I want to play. I want to win. I want to play as hard as I possibly can"

You can't ask for much more than that from our favorite Ranger

3 – And finally - in case you missed it – our portly old nemesis Marty Brodeur returned to action, stopping a big 18 shots last night – while letting 5 other shots somehow get behind his tubby frame. A .783% save percentage seems about right…

So if you're rooting strictly about Sean Avery tonight – what you'd want is an injury or some bad play by the 3rd or 4th lines – not that it's okay to root for that type of thing. And furthermore, I'm not hoping for us to lose – but that would certainly help move Seanny to the active roster.

Okay – see you after the game

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment