Saturday, December 12, 2009

Down Goes Gilroy

The Rangers used to have just 4 players on the active roster with a positive Plus-minus statistic. Now they have three: Gaborik, Prospal, and Avery

What happened to the fourth? The Rangers have demoted Matt Gilroy (+2) to Hartford and have decided to keep Heikkinen after all as their 6th defenseman.
.
The Rangers are saying this is not a knee-jerk reaction to Matt getting beat for the game winner Wednesday – that Matt's game had deteriorated and it's many things over many games – not just this one moment.
.
But I don't think so. I think that Sather and Tortorella are just about out of moves and this is one thing they can do – demote a player who has a few options left and can bounce up and down to the AHL without waivers.
.
Look. Gilly might not be lighting the world on fire in his rookie season. But someone please explain to me why (-8) Del Zotto and (-6) Girardi and (1) Rozsival and (+0) Redden get to stay while Gilroy doesn't?
.
I try to be positive here, but I'm sorry. It makes no sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment